Welcome to St. Mary Elementary School
We are blessed to have three vibrant and thriving elementary school campuses that serve students in pre-3 through fifth grade, and their families. Each school is a community that offers an outstanding education that encompasses academic, spiritual, emotional and physical development in a creative, positive learning environment.
St. Mary Elementary School
St. Mary Elementary School offers specialized teachers in areas of art, music, physical education, school counseling (guidance), Mandarin Chinese, Spanish and technology, as well as a supportive consultant to address remedial and enrichment needs of our students. Our school community is supported by our active POPS parent organization.
The heart of the St. Mary Catholic Elementary experience is the relationship between supportive and caring teachers, engaged parents and talented, eager students. The strong partnership between school, students, parents, parish and community fosters a close-knit “family feel” that is often missing in larger school systems. Our teachers, working collaboratively to inspire a love of learning in their students, recognize children as gifts from God, and value each child’s natural desire to learn.
Our strong curriculum challenges students intellectually and nurtures their personal growth. This is coupled with a commitment to inspire students and embrace innovation. At St. Mary Catholic Schools, we believe that every child is blessed with unique talents, and our task is to help grow and develop those talents so that each child can reach his or her unique calling in life and flourish as an integral member of the community
Every elementary school campus offers:
- A program that is accredited through Wisconsin Religious and Independent Schools Accreditation (WRISA)
- A dedicated, energetic, and highly qualified faculty, all of whom possess Wisconsin licensure and religious certification
- A Catholic-Christian foundation that permeates all aspects of school life, including the curriculum
- A challenging academic curriculum implemented to meet all instructional levels and learning styles
- Specialized teachers in areas of the art, music, physical education, Spanish, and technology
- A guidance counselor and program to help support child development in conjunction with the comprehensive counseling philosophy of supporting emotional and career development for students in kindergarten through high school
- A warm relationship with its partner parish and pastor
- A flexible extended-day and after school program for school families
- A nutritious lunch program that provides hot, well-balanced meals
- A unique and extensive after-school enrichment program that offers a plethora of co-curricular activities
Parent Involvement (SM POPS)
St. Mary Elementary School has a very active and supportive parent organization known as POPS. The group is comprised of the entire parent community. POPS promotes the spiritual, educational and physical welfare of the children of St. Mary Elementary School. Its purpose is to bring into closer relationship the home, the church and the school, and its activities are an example of the Christian community life.
POPS has monthly meetings that are open to all. The organization provides volunteers to staff the numerous committees that help make the school an inviting educational and spiritual community. Some activities directed by POPS include the Halloween carnival, decorating, hospitality, a roller skating party and more! There is something for every interest!
- March 11, 2019 (1:30 pm)
- April 8, 2019 (6:30 pm)
- May 13, 2019 (1:30 pm)
Each winter, the school hosts Winter Escape—an evening of fun, fundraising and great food. The money raised helps to pay for items for the school that are not part of the regular budget. Make plans to join us for a good time and escape the winter blues.
Before School Care
Each day the school buildings are open at 7:30 am for child drop-off. Teachers and staff supervise the students until classes begin at 8:00 am. There is no charge for this service.
This elementary program is available to families who would like additional childcare when the elementary school is dismissed until approximately 5:30 pm. This program is available to preschoolers at the discretion of the building principal.
In addition to traditional after-school care, St. Mary Catholic Schools offers enrichment classes in many areas for an additional fee. These activities take place in our elementary school buildings, and are part of the SMCS Enrichment Program.