The academic year is over, but that doesn’t mean the learning and athletic development needs to stop. SMCS students have many opportunities to maintain and improve their skills during the summer months with a variety of offerings ranging from sports camps and active enrichment classes to exercise classes.
Summer Courses for Credit | High School
- Questions? Patricia Fouts, [email protected]
- Students entering grades 9-12 are eligible. Each student can only register for one of the classes offered.
- $75 Non-refundable per student.
- Failure to complete or pass will result in no credit and no refund. You may need to purchase additional materials required for the course.
- Register here!
SMCHS students can enroll in a self-paced health OR personal finance class over the summer. The modular design of both courses provides flexibility for students to complete the coursework over the summer and at their own pace. SMC has joined in a partnership with a Catholic Virtual Academy. At the beginning of each module is a section dedicated to the relevant teachings of the Catholic Church. This provides students a lens or mental framework for learning.
Summer Reading Requirement | Middle School
To maintain reading stamina, we recommend a minimum of 30 minutes of reading, 5 days a week. Reading material should include a balance between challenging (at or slightly above your child’s reading level) and choice – some challenging reading should require parent involvement to assist in processing higher-level concepts — other choice reading can include topics of high interest to the student. Ultimately, the idea is to foster a love of reading across a range of genres and levels. We also value journaling as a tool to develop critical thinking skills for both reading reflection as well as independent thinking and processing. We won’t require anything to be turned in, but you are strongly encouraged to find a way to hold your child accountable for this weekly reading as it will only improve all their skills and help them to be ready for school in the fall.
STEM Club Fly IN | Middle School & Elementary School
SMCS STEM Club Fly IN — July 23, 2021
- When: Friday, July 23, 2021
- Where: SMC Middle School
- Who: Students entering grades 1-8
- Questions? Jill Ahles at [email protected]
- Register here!
Our aviation education event includes learning about the theory of flight as well as a variety of fun hands-on and age-focused aviation-related activities.
Camp Invention | High School, Middle School & Elementary School
- When: June 14-18, 2021 (In Person), August 16-20, 2021 (Virtual)
- Who: Grades K-6, Grades 7-9 can attend as leaders in training (formally counselors in training), Grades 10 can apply as leadership interns
- Where: SMC Middle School (June dates), Virtual (August dates)
- Register at www.campinvention.org.
- Questions? Christine Cedergren at [email protected]
Camp Invention is a high-energy, hands-on STEM camp. Your child will love what’s in store:
CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING
Athletic Summer Programs
Zephyrs Strength and Conditioning | High School & Middle School
Our summer strength and conditioning will be offered in three different sessions.
- Register here! Registration Closed
- Summer 2021
- 7:30-9:00 – HS students interested in participating on an athletic team during the 2021-22 school year **
- 9:00-10:00 – Middle school students
- 10:00-11:00 – High school students – Lifestyle Fitness
- ** Open to all students. Workouts will be more rigorous.
- Questions? Matt Schoultz, [email protected]
Summer Sports Camps | High School, Middle School & Elementary School
Students (students outside of SMCS are welcome and encouraged to participate) have the opportunity to maintain and improve their athletic skills during the summer months through our exciting summer camps.
- Basketball, Girls – Grades 4-8, June 8, 15, 22 and 29
- Basketball, Boys – Grades 6-8, June 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20 and 27
- Basketball, Boys – Grades 3-5, June 23, 30, July 7, 14, 21 and 28
- Tennis – Grades 2-5 and 6-9, July 12-15 FULL
- Football, ZFL Mini Camp – Grades 3-6, July 13-14
- Football, Middle School Mini Camp – Grades 7-8, July 20-21
- Volleyball, Girls – Grades 7-8, July 20-22
- Soccer – Grades 3-8, June 5
Fine Arts | High School
- Questions? Hayden Kraus, [email protected], 920-722-7796 ext. 123
- More Information about SMCS Fine Arts
SMCS students (and even community members) have multiple opportunities to grow in their love of fine arts and develop their talents in many areas throughout the summer, ranging from instrument lessons to a community theater.
Zephyrs Community Theater | High School, Middle School & Elementary School
The SMCS Fine Arts Program offers the opportunity for members of the SMCS community-at-large to participate in a musical. In summer 2021, the Zephyrs Community Theater will present Into the Woods.
View the 2021 Woods Community Theater Information Packet here. Auditions take place in May with rehearsals in June and July. Students, parents, faculty & staff, alumni and community members are all welcome to participate. Actors, musicians, set builders and backstage helpers of all ages are encouraged to get involved.
Band Camp | High School
- Questions? Pamela Barnhill, [email protected]
- What: Marching fundamentals, field marching basics, halftime field show, rehearsal of pep band music
- When: August 9-13, 2021
- Who: Strongly encouraged for all incoming band students in grades 9 -12
- Register here!
Summer Day Camp | Elementary School & Early Childhood
- Katie Weber, Summer Day Camp Program Director, [email protected], 920-572-5315
- Registration is closed for Summer 2021
SMCS Summer Day Camp is our faith-based program for children entering grades preschool-6. A variety of scheduling options are offered to provide families the flexibility to meet their individual needs. Children participate in arts and crafts, drama, music, sports, picnics, world language, and many more activities linked to age-appropriate faith development. Enthusiastic teachers lead the children in a variety of activities and explorations.
- Open to all students, entering preschool – 6th Grade
- Monday thru Friday from June 7 to August 20
- 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. daily
- Held at St. Margaret Mary Campus, 610 Division Street, Neenah
- Supervised by experienced teachers
- Safe and healthy environment provided
- Flexible scheduling options
- Due to limited availability for 2021, families needing child care due to employment will be given priority.
Program Rates (Rates include snacks and activities)
- $25.00 per child registration fee due at the time of registration through April 30. Fee increases to $50.00 May 1 – May 15. Registration closes at midnight on May 15.
- 3-4 year olds
- $28 for up to 5 hours (half day)
- $45 for 8+ hours (full day)
- 5 years and older
- $24.00 for up to 5 hours (half day)
- $40.00 for 8+ hours (full day)
$200 Prepay for full weeks ( $225 prepay for 3-4 year olds) – 5% discount
$2000 Prepay for the entire summer ($2180.25 prepay for 3-4-year-olds)
- Convenient monthly billing through the business office