Summer Hours-School Offices
ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS-You may leave a message or reach us by email between June 15 and August 14, and we will respond promptly.
ST. MARY CATHOLIC MIDDLE SCHOOL – You may leave a message or reach us by email between June 15 and August 14, and we will respond promptly.
ST. MARY CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL – Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m., to 12:00 p.m. and Thursdays from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. between July 6 and August 14. We are available additional times by appointment.
The academic year is over, but that doesn’t mean the learning and athletic development needs to stop. SMCS students have many opportunities to maintain and improve their skills during the summer months with a variety of offerings ranging from sports camps and active enrichment classes to exercise classes.
*******We are in the process of determining if we are able to hold some of our summer programs. Please check back for updates.*******
High School | Summer Courses for Credit
- Questions? Patricia Fouts, [email protected]
- Students entering grades 9-12 are eligible. Each student can only register for one of the classes offered.
- $75 Non-refundable per student. Registration closes at midnight on May 25.
- Courses begin on June 1st and must be completed by August 14, 2020. Failure to complete or pass will result in no credit and no refund. You may need to purchase additional materials required for the course.
- Summer 2020 Registration Open
- 2020 Update Parent Information-Important
SMCHS students can enroll in a self-paced health OR personal finance class over the summer. The modular design of both courses provides flexibility for students to complete the coursework over the summer and at their own pace. SMC has joined in a partnership with a Catholic Virtual Academy. At the beginning of each module is a section dedicated to the relevant teachings of the Catholic Church. This provides students a lens or mental framework for learning.
Middle School | Summer Reading Requirement
Because we believe that strong reading and comprehension skills are essential to successful scholarship, all SMCMS students are required to read a minimum of three books during the summer months preceding sixth, seventh and eighth grade, as part of the reading/language arts curriculum.
A brief report on each book is to be prepared and handed in during the first week of school. This assignment is required and will be graded. Books are chosen from the list of recommendations based upon the student’s lexile score, as determined through MAP testing.
Middle School & Elementary School | STEM Club Fly IN
SMCS STEM Club Fly IN
- When: 2020 Cancelled – 2021 TBA
- Where: SMC Middle School
- Who: Students entering grades 1-8
- Questions? Jill Ahles at [email protected]
Our aviation education event includes learning about the theory of flight as well as a variety of fun hands-on and age-focused aviation-related activities.
High School, Middle School & Elementary School | Camp Invention
- When: Camp Invention will not be held in June 2020. There will be an option for virtual Camp Invention in June or August, or a physical camp later this summer. Please contact [email protected] for more details.
- Who: Grades K-6, Grades 7-9 can attend as leaders in training (formally counselors in training), Grades 10 can apply as leadership interns
- Where: SMC Middle School
- Questions? Christine Cedergren at [email protected]
Camp Invention is a high-energy, hands-on STEM camp. Your child will love what’s in store:
CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING
Athletic Summer Programs
High School & Middle School | Zephyrs Strength and Conditioning (Formerly STEPS)
Our summer strength and conditioning will be offered in three different sessions. All three sessions can be completed for .25 PE credit.
- Questions? Matt Schoultz, [email protected]
- $30.00 for non-credit/ $60.00 for .25 credit.
- Virtual June 8 – June 30
- In-Person July 7 – August 6
- Registration deadline May 28
- 2020 Registration Full
High School, Middle School & Elementary School | Sports Camps
Students (students outside of SMCS are welcome and encouraged to participate) have the opportunity to maintain and improve their athletic skills during the summer months through our exciting summer camps.
- Basketball Camp, Boys – July 13-16
4-6th grade 12:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m.
7-9th grade 2:30pm-4:30pm
$75 per camper, includes camp t-shirt
Director: Paul Bradshaw, 1st year Boys Varsity Basketball Coach
- Basketball Camp, Girls – Summer 2020 Cancelled
- Tennis Camp – POSTPONED to July 27-30
- Volleyball Camp, Girls – July 21-23
- Football Camp – August 1
Middle & Elementary School | Summer Skill Ball
- Questions? Nathan Vogel, [email protected]
- Boys Skill Ball Sessions will be run by our Varsity HS basketball coach Paul Bradford and staff
- Tuesdays 7/7, 7/21, 7/28, 8/4, 8/11
- Grades 4-6 @ 8:00 a.m.- 9:00 a.m.
- Grades 7-9 @ 9:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m.
- $25 if attending HS boys basketball camp, $40 if not. Pay at event.
- Girls Skill Ball Sessions will be run by our Varsity HS basketball coach Jeff Chew and staff
- Tuesdays and Thursdays starting Tuesday, July 7th through Tuesday, August 4th
- Grades 4-6 @ 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Grades 7-9 @ 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- No cost to attend
High School | Fine Arts
- Questions? Hayden Kraus, [email protected], (920) 722-7796 ext. 123
- More Information about SMCS Fine Arts
SMCS students (and even community members) have multiple opportunities to grow in their love of fine arts and develop their talents in many areas throughout the summer, ranging from instrument lessons to a community theater.
High School, Middle School & Elementary School | Zephyrs Player Community Theater
Join us for a drive-in cookout and live concert in the SMCS parking lot on Saturday, July 25 to celebrate the past seven years of Zephyrs Community Theater. Inclement weather back-up date is Sunday, July 26.
– Tickets go on sale June 25 at SMCSFineArts.org
– On July 25, food will be served starting at 6:00 p.m. with a live concert starting at 7:00 p.m.
– Pre-order your food and parking spot at SMCSFineArts.org ALL RESERVATIONS MUST BE PLACED IN ADVANCE!
– Food served drive-thru style as you arrive on campus on the south end of the building. Menu available at ticket link.
-Cars will be parked every other stall for social distancing.
-We recommend that audience members stay within their assigned stall. Wearing a mask is encouraged when outside of your vehicle, but not required.
– Please stay home if you or a family member are feeling sick of showing any symptoms. Our performs, servers, and volunteers are following a pre-planned safety procedure for rehearsals and day of event.
– Following SMCS rules, alcohol and tobacco are NOT allowed on campus.
– Please continue to check this event feed for updates and new information.
The SMCS Fine Arts Program offers the opportunity for members of the SMCS community-at-large to participate in a musical. Auditions take place in May with rehearsals in June and July. Students, parents, faculty & staff, alumni and community members are all welcome to participate. Actors, musicians, set builders and backstage helpers of all ages are encouraged to get involved.
High School | Band Camp
- Questions? Pamela Barnhill, [email protected]
- What: Marching fundamentals, field marching basics, halftime field show, rehearsal of pep band music
- When: August 10-14, 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Who: strongly encouraged for all incoming band students in grades 9 -12
- Summer 2020 Registration Open
Elementary School & Early Childhood |Summer Day Camp
- Katie Weber, Summer Day Camp Program Director, [email protected], (920) 540-0107
- Limited space available, contact Katie Weber for details.
- Summer 2020 registration is now closed.
SMCS Summer Day Camp is our faith-based program for children entering grades preschool-6. A variety of scheduling options are offered to provide families the flexibility to meet their individual needs. Children participate in field trips, arts and crafts, drama, music, sports, picnics, world language, and many more activities linked to age-appropriate faith development. Enthusiastic teachers lead the children in a variety of activities and explorations.
2020 Program Information
- Open to all students, entering preschool – 6th Grade (3-4 year olds require one month in advance schedule)
- Monday thru Friday from June 8 to August 19
- 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. daily
- Held at St. Margaret Mary Campus, 610 Division Street, Neenah
- Supervised by experienced teachers
- Safe and healthy environment provided
- Flexible scheduling options
Program Rates (Rates include snacks and activities)
- $25.00 per child registration fee due at time of registration through April 30. Fee increases to $50.00 May 1 – May 15. Registration closes at midnight on May 15.
- $24.00 ($28 for 3-4 year old) for up to 5 hours (half day)
- $40.00 ($45 for 3-4 year old) for 8+ hours (full day)
- $5.00/$10.00 field trip fee (field trips not open to 3-4 year olds)
$200 Prepay for full weeks ( $225 prepay for 3-4 year olds) – 5% discount
$2000 Prepay for the entire summer ($2180.25 prepay for 3-4 year olds)
- Convenient monthly billing through the business office