Purpose & Mission
Designed for preschool – grade 5 students, our exciting enrichment program boasts a wide variety of opportunities that cultivate an environment in which young people flourish: one that challenges their minds, expands their social awareness, reinforces their moral growth and promotes an active lifestyle.
The mission of the SMCS Enrichment Program is to offer after school alternatives to our students, build community among our SMCS elementary schools, help families enjoy more time together at night and expose our students to experiences that they may not otherwise get a chance to try.
- Fall Enrichment Schedule and Sign up – the sign up went live on Wednesday, August 14 ,2019 at 6:00 AM
- NEW for 2019 – Enrichment Google Calendar
- Questions? Katie Weber, [email protected]
The SMCS Enrichment Program offers a variety of after-school classes for early childhood and elementary students. Classes include:
- Athletics: basketball, cheer, Girls on the Run, golf, karate, lacrosse, tennis
- STEM: VexIQ Robotics, Club Invention, Coding Club, Invention Playground, Math Club, Wonder Workshop
- Fine Arts: piano, art, hip hop, KidStage
- World Language
Summer STEM Camps
- Registration & More Information (watch for summer 2020 info)
A fun, hands-on, week-long STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) camp each summer for students entering grades 1-6. Students entering grades 7-9 have the opportunity to be Counselors in Training.
Wild and crazy ideas become reality in this year’s all-new Camp Invention program, Fast Forward! A nonprofit program of the National Inventors Hall of Fame, Camp Invention allows children to experience real-world problem solving, creative thinking, invention, and teamwork – all while having FUN!
The Friday before the opening of the EAA in Oshkosh is a great day at SMCS! Students learn about the basics of flight, race mini aircraft and observe the amazing skills of professional drone pilots.
- Emergency Contact: An emergency contact with phone number is required at time of registration.
- Late Pick Up: If the responsible party is more than 10 minutes late to pick up, the student will be transferred to the host school’s after school-care program where regular hourly rates apply.
- Behavior Policy: If your child is dismissed from the class due to behavioral issues, a refund will not be issued.
- Supervision of Children after Dismissal Until Class Time: Parents are responsible for their children from the time of dismissal until classes begin. Parents may pick up their children and bring them to class at the start time or sign up for after school care at the host school. In some cases, the enrichment teacher meets students at the dismissal location and leads them to class. Parents are responsible for checking to see if that is the case for the classes in which their children are enrolled.