Purpose & Mission
Designed for students Grades P3-8, our exciting enrichment program boasts a wide variety of opportunities that cultivate an environment in which young people flourish: one that challenges their minds, expands their social awareness, reinforces their moral growth and promotes an active life style.
The mission of the SMCS Enrichment Program is to offer lower cost alternatives to our students, build community among our SMCS elementary students, help families enjoy more time together at night and expose our kids to STEM and other programs that they may not otherwise get a chance to try.
The SMCS Enrichment Program offers a variety of after-school classes for Pre-K and elementary students. Classes include:
- STEM: VexIQ Robotics, Club Invention, Coding Club, Invention Playground (Pre-K), Math Club, Wonder Workshop
- Arts & Activities: art, chess, hip hop, KidStage
- Athletics: basketball, running club, Girls on the Run, golf, karate, lacrosse, tennis
Enrichment Program Activities
In the fall, the SMCS Enrichment Program holds an enrichment recital at the Jane Bergstrom Fine Arts Education Center (FAEC) featuring some of our first semester classes.
In the spring of each year, the SMCS Enrichment Program hosts the spectacular SMCS Enrichment Showcase in the Jane Bergstrom Fine Arts Education Center. The showcase gives students the opportunity to share the skills and talents developed through the enrichment program. Performances include vocal/instrumental music, dance, and karate. Visual displays and demonstrations are also highlighted.
Summer STEM Camps
A fun, hands-on, week-long STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) camp each summer for students entering grades 1-6. Students entering grades 7-9 have the opportunity to be Counselors in Training.
Wild and crazy ideas become reality in this year’s all-new Camp Invention program, Fast Forward! A nonprofit program of the National Inventors Hall of Fame, Camp Invention allows children to experience real-world problem solving, creative thinking, invention, and teamwork – all while having FUN!
A fun, hands-on week-long STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) camp that is offered during the summer at for students entering grades 6-9.
The Friday before the opening of the EAA in Oshkosh is a great day at SMCS! Students learn about the basics of flight, race mini aircraft and observe the amazing skills of professional drone pilots.
- Contact: Christine Cedergren, Program Coordinator, [email protected]
Scholarship assistance or flexible payments are available upon request. If you would like to help other families benefit from the SMCS Enrichment Program, you can contribute to the scholarship program by using the registration process.
- Emergency Contact: An emergency contact with phone number is required at time of registration.
- Late Pick Up: If the responsible party is more than 10 minutes late to pick up, the student will be transferred to the host school’s after school-care program where regular hourly rates apply.
- Emergency: In case of an emergency, please text or call 920-572-2038.
- Behavior Policy: If your child is dismissed from the class due to behavioral issues, a refund will not be issued.
- Supervision of Children after Dismissal Until Class Time: Parents are responsible for their children from the time of dismissal until classes begin. Parents may pick up their children and bring them to class at the start time or sign up for after school care at the host school. In some cases, the enrichment teacher meets students at the dismissal location and leads them to class. Parents are responsible for checking to see if that is the case for the classes in which their children are enrolled.