Staff Excellence Awards & Nomination Procedures
Each year, St. Mary Catholic Schools recognizes the talent and dedication of outstanding SMCS educators and staff members. The awards are presented at the SMCS staff end-of-the-year gathering. The deadline for the 2024 Excellence Awards nominations is Friday, May 3, 2024.
St. John Baptist de la Salle Outstanding Teacher Award
- Criteria: The Outstanding Teacher Award is presented to a current SMCS teacher who continually inspires and academically challenges his/her students. This award was established to recognize excellence in teaching, with a focus on creativity, rapport with students, positive attitude and high-quality instruction. The Outstanding Teacher Award recognizes a special teacher who has an exceptional relationship with students, parents, and peers, contributes constructively and positively to the school and SMCS, and lives his/her faith in and out of the classroom. The recipient of this award challenges his/her students to work to their highest potential and teaches them to set high self-expectations and standards.
- St. John Baptist de la Salle Outstanding Teacher Award 2024
St. Frances Xavier Cabrini Award for Positive Influence
- Criteria: The Positive Influence Award is presented to a current SMCS staff member who makes an exceptional difference in the lives of our students and their families. This person continually goes above and beyond to make sure that our students feel school is a haven for learning and growing. He or she promotes personal growth, spirituality and life-long learning as the path to future success. Award winners are recognized for going well beyond expectations for the good of SMCS students, their families and the entire SMCS system.
- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini Positive Influence Award 2024
St. Anne Award for SMCS Spirit
- Criteria: The SMCS Spirit Award is presented to a current SMCS staff member who consistently represents all SMCS schools in a positive and enthusiastic manner. This individual inspires others by actively engaging co-workers, students and families to support the SMCS mission and vision, and is committed to the concept of a P3-12 Catholic school system in our community. This person displays an upbeat attitude, promotes and participates in activities and events and encourages school spirit in others. He or she enthusiastically encourages students, parents, families, parishioners and the community to learn more about our schools and takes personal pride in and responsibility for the success of SMCS through their positive work.
- St. Anne Award for SMCS Spirit 2024
- Criteria: The SMCS Award for Innovation is presented to a current SMCS staff member who shows distinction in innovation. This award seeks to recognize an engaged employee who fully uses the resources provided by SMCS, seeks mentors within our community and freely shares his/her time, talent and ideas with other system employees and students to support the SMCS values and strategic goals. This employee demonstrates ingenuity and resourcefulness while inspiring creativity and critical thinking in others.
- St. Isidore of Seville Award for Innovation 2024