Safety is Our #1 Priority
The emotional and physical well-being of every student is a primary concern at SMCS.
- Each building is locked and entrances are accessed only by permission of office personnel
- The SMCS comprehensive counseling program includes age-appropriate education for students in personal safety and well-being
- Every school performs fire, tornado and intruder alert drills to ensure preparedness in case of an emergency
- The technology department maintains strong filters to block student access to undesirable online content
- Every school has undergone an audit to confirm safe storage of hazardous maintenance materials and tools, and checks are performed periodically to ensure compliance
- Every classroom has a first aid and safety kit to deal with unexpected circumstances, as well as a binder that contains a current list of all students using the classroom throughout the day to facilitate attendance-taking in cases of emergency
Every administrator, faculty or staff member, parent volunteer, coach and chaperone must have successfully completed the Green Bay Diocese’s VIRTUS® – Protecting God’s Children program before being allowed to spend time with students.
Certification requires completing an application, authorizing a background check and completing a training session. Generally, one training session is offered at SMCS near the beginning of each semester, though the requirement may be completed at another location in the Diocese of Green Bay. Contact an SMCS school office for the specifics about how to become VIRTUS trained.