Welcome to St. Gabriel Elementary School
We are blessed to have three vibrant and thriving elementary school campuses that serve students in pre-3 through fifth grade, and their families. Each school is a community that offers an outstanding education that encompasses academic, spiritual, emotional and physical development in a creative, positive learning environment.
- Elementary School Academic Programs & Specials
- Elementary School Faith & Service
- Accelerated Learning Academy
St. Gabriel Elementary School
St. Gabriel is a welcoming community of approximately 150 students that offers a quality education to children in our program for three-year-olds through grade 5. Emphasis is placed on a safe environment in which children can learn and grow in their faith. In addition to our dedicated classroom teachers, we have specialists who offer courses in music, art, physical education, Spanish, computer, band, library, and school counseling (guidance). Before school and after school programs are offered with the flexibility to fit individual family needs.
The heart of the St. Mary Catholic Elementary experience is the relationship between supportive and caring teachers, engaged parents and talented, eager students. The strong partnership among school, students, parents, parish and community fosters a close-knit “family feel” that is often missing in larger school systems. Our teachers, working collaboratively to inspire a love of learning in their students, recognize children as gifts from God, and value each child’s natural desire to learn.
Our strong curriculum challenges students intellectually and nurtures their personal growth. This is coupled with a commitment to inspire students and embrace innovation. At St. Mary Catholic Schools, we believe that every child is blessed with unique talents, and our task is to help grow and develop those talents so that each child can reach his or her unique calling in life and flourish as an integral member of the community
Every elementary school campus offers:
- A program that is accredited through Wisconsin Religious and Independent Schools Accreditation (WRISA)
- A dedicated, energetic, and highly qualified faculty, all of whom possess Wisconsin licensure and religious certification
- A Catholic-Christian foundation that permeates all aspects of school life, including the curriculum
- A challenging academic curriculum implemented to meet all instructional levels and learning styles
- Specialized teachers in areas of the art, music, physical education, German, Mandarin, Spanish, and technology
- A guidance counselor and program to help support child development in conjunction with the comprehensive counseling philosophy of supporting emotional and career development for students in kindergarten through high school
- A warm relationship with its partner parish and pastor
- A flexible extended-day and after school program for school families
- A nutritious lunch program that provides hot, well-balanced meals
- A unique and extensive after-school enrichment program that offers a plethora of co-curricular activities
Parent Involvement (PTO) at St. Gabriel
St. Gabriel Elementary School has an active and supportive parent organization (PTO). The organization includes all school families and the staff community working together to promote the spiritual, educational and physical welfare of our students. We also welcome retired members of our community to volunteer in the school. Communication between home and school is emphasized, and is an integral part of St. Gabriel.
PTO has monthly meetings that are open to all. The organization provides volunteers to staff the numerous committees that help make the school an inviting educational and spiritual community. Meetings are held on Friday mornings.
2021-22 Meeting Dates, Friday at 8:25 AM
- September 3, 2021 Agenda Minutes
- October 1, 2021 Agenda Minutes
- November 5, 2021 Agenda Minutes
- December 3, 2021 Agenda Minutes
- January 7, 2022 Agenda Minutes
- February 4, 2022 Agenda Minutes
- March 4, 2022 Agenda Minutes
- April 1, 2022 Agenda Minutes
- May 6, 2022 Agenda Minutes
2022-23 Meeting Dates, First Friday of the month at 8:15
- September 2, 2022 Agenda Minutes
- October 7, 2022 Agenda Minutes
- November 4, 2022 Agenda Minutes
- December 2, 2022 Agenda Minutes
- January 6, 2023 Agenda Minutes
- February 3, 2023 Agenda Minutes
- March 3, 2023 Agenda Minutes
- April 14, 2023 (2nd Friday) Agenda Minutes
- May 5, 2023 Agenda Minutes
Some activities directed by PTO include Sweetness of Christmas, Trunk-n-Treat, pancake breakfast, roller skating party, ice cream social, and more. There is something for every interest!
Before School Care
Each day the school buildings are open at 7:15 am for child drop-off. Teachers and staff supervise the students until classes begin at 8:00 am There is no charge for this service.
This elementary program is available to families who would like additional childcare when the elementary school is dismissed until approximately 5:30 pm. This program is available to preschoolers at the discretion of the building principal.
In addition to traditional after-school care, St. Mary Catholic Schools offers enrichment classes in many areas for an additional fee. These activities take place in our elementary school buildings, and are part of the SMCS Enrichment Program.