We are following the recommendations as laid out by Winnebago County:
For those with a positive COVID-19 test. CDC and DHS still recommend a defined isolation period for COVID-19.
- When students or staff report a positive COVID-19 test, that person should:
- Isolate at home for 5 days after symptoms begin or if asymptomatic – from test date, AND
- Return to school after 24-hours fever-free without fever reducing medications and symptoms improving
- Mask on days 6 through 10 (age appropriate)
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease) | DHS webpage – COVID-19: Communication Resources | DHS
- Diagnosed or exposed to COVID-19
For COVID-like symptoms or generally not feeling well. Follow your school’s general illness guidelines
- Stay home
- Return to school after 24-hours fever-free without fever reducing medications
- Return to school after 48-hours without vomiting or diarrhea.