Senior Buyout Transfer Notice
The serial number and model are on the bottom of the laptop.
By signing below, you agree to and understand the following:
- Ownership of the laptop transfers to the student/family
- SMCS will no longer support the laptop or be responsible in the event that the laptop is damaged, lost, stolen.
- The student/family is responsible for all support, repair and cost associated with the laptop from this point forward.
- There is no longer any warranty coverage on the laptop
- The laptop operating system is Windows 8.1 to align with the licensing at the time of purchase.
- While Microsoft discontinued the program that allowed us to provide Microsoft Office 2013 disks to graduating seniors, several options for securing that software are listed below:
- Open Office by Apache is installed
- Students attending a college will be able to download Office 365 Education with the new 2016 apps using his/her new college email address
- Your SMC school email will also work for downloading Office 365 Education for 6 months after graduation. Use this address to access the site
- For your convenience we have attached the following:
- Links to FREE software to protect your computer
- List of FREE software installed on your laptop by SMCS
- Your SMCS email: @stmarycentral.org e-mail will be discontinued 10/1/18
If you have any questions, please contact the Tech Office via email at [email protected] or by phone at 920-215-7443
Here are a few links to free software that will help protect your computer.
Google Chrome web browser, it just works better.
Google Drive – Keep your files safe in the cloud.
Avast Free Antivirus
Open DNS – Manually change your DNS settings to help reduce the unsafe sites from phoning home.
Here a list of FREE software installed on your laptop by SMCS