Final Exams UPDATED SCHEDULE
Posted in St. Mary Catholic High School, Announcements, General | Tagged in exams, schedule, finals
The revised schedule for the exams at the end of first semester is as follows. This is the schedule that was devised after the snow day on Wednesday.
Thursday, January 12
8:00 – 9:15 a.m. 1st Hour Exam
9:45 – 11:00 a.m. 2nd Hour Exam
11:00 – 12:00 Lunch
12:00 – 1:15 p.m. 3rd Hour Exam
1:15 p.m. Dismissal (busing at 3:15 p.m.)
Friday, January 13
7:50 – 9:05 a.m. 4th Hour Exam
9:25 – 10:40 a.m. 5th Hour Exam (Busing at 11: 30 a.m. for those who don’t have a 6th hour exam)
11:00 – 12:15 6th Hour Exam
12:15 p.m. Dismissal (No busing for HS after 6th hour exam)
By starting exams at 7:50 a.m. on Friday instead of 8:00 and shortening the time between tests to 20 minutes instead of 30 minutes, we’ll still be able to get students out by 12:15 so dance camp, Robotics plans, etc. can still take place as scheduled on Friday afternoon. NOTE: There is no lunch time built into Friday’s schedule. If you will need to eat before the 12:15 p.m. dismissal, please bring a snack to eat BETWEEN exams.
Monday, January 16
8:00 – 9:15 a.m. 7th Hour Exam
9:45 – 11:00 a.m. 8th Hour Exam
11:00 a.m. Dismissal (busing at 3:15 p.m.)
In order to be prepared for finals, please be sure that the following requirements are met:
Students must have all debts paid before finals. This includes missing textbooks, IT fines, lunch money owed, and miscellaneous class and retreat fees. Notifications of EXAM CLEARANCE will be emailed by Mr. Tursky on Friday, January 6th.
Additional requirements and information
1. Students will be required to be in school during the time of a scheduled exam. They are NOT required to be at school during any time that an exam is not scheduled. (For example, study hall, lunch, etc.) At times no exams are scheduled, parents remain responsible for their children. Please make sure you discuss plans such as expectations for remaining on-campus (which is an option), leaving campus (which is an option), transportation, etc. We will not be responsible for nor will we be monitoring these times for students who do not remain on campus.
2. Students are not to be in the halls during testing periods. Students may use the IMC for quiet study or socialize in the Commons.
3. Students must remain in the exam classroom for the entire testing period. They should plan ahead for the possibility that they might finish early. They should bring study or reading material with them.
4. The transportation schedule will be modified on exam days. See below for details.
5. Relaxed Dress code is allowed on exam days.
6. Do not plan any appointments or trips on exam days.
7. First semester report cards will be mailed by January 23rd. Please contact the SMCHS Office if you do not receive your child’s report card by January 27, 2017.