The spiritual development of all students at St. Mary Catholic Middle School is encouraged and guided through a program of individual and group activities. Our theology curriculum, a dynamic retreat program, expansive community service opportunities, immersion in sacramental life, and weekly prayer groups shape the faith experience. Our goal is to educate the Church leaders of tomorrow.
6th Grade Religion
6th Grade Religion
- Old Testament
- Divine revelation through scripture
- Covenants made between God and His people
- Fulfillment of Covenants in Jesus
- Family Life program
- Varieties of prayer experiences
Texts used: Be My Disciples, Family Life. New American Bible, and Catholic Youth Bible
7th Grade Religion
- Early Life of Christ- Exploring what life would have been like during Jesus’ time
- Christ’s Ministry- Gaining an understanding of Jesus’ teachings
- Birth, Death, and Resurrection of Christ- along with Liturgical Year
- Writers of the Gospels and Literary Works in the Bible
- Letters (Romans, Philippians, Colossians, and Hebrews)
- Family Life is continued, discussing topics such as Communication and Community.
Texts used: Be My Disciples, Family Life, with Sadlier as supplement text
8th Grade Religion
- Be My Disciples text series: Christ in the Liturgy. Exploring the mystery of the Church, understanding what it means to be a member of the Body of Christ, and gaining deeper insight into prayer and the Sacraments.
- Reading the Acts of the Apostles to gain an understanding of the early Church.
- Be My Disciples text series: Life in Christ Jesus. Exploring the call to moral living and the way to moral living.
- Reviewing the liturgical seasons of the year, and practicing seasonal devotions and prayers.
- Presenting the RCL Benziger Family Life program for the 8th grade as part of Catholic sexuality education.