SMCMS’s activities, athletic teams and clubs work hand-in hand with the school’s academic program to educate each student as a whole person. These activities are integral to the well-rounded spiritual, intellectual, physical and psychological development fostered in every student at St. Mary Catholic Middle School. Because middle school athletes are at very different stages of development in their skills, SMCMS believes in and enforces a “no cuts, everyone plays” policy.
The high school and middle school co-curricular activities are supported by the SMCS Booster Club. Visit the booster club webpage to learn how you can help support our 32 athletic and club activities! Sports apparel is also available through the Booster Club.
Register your SMCS child(ren) for 2016-17 high school and/or middle school athletics today.
- Soccer – Open to all students in grades 5-8; girls and boys combined teams; run through Neenah Soccer Club
- Football – Open to all students, grades 6-8
- Volleyball – Open to all girls, grades 6-8
- Cross Country – Open to all students, grades 6-8
- Basketball – Open to all students, grades 6-8; separate teams for girls and boys at each grade level; boys play October – January; girls play November – February
- Softball – Open to all students, grades 6-8; separate teams for girls and boys with combined grade level teams
- Tennis – Open to all students, grades 6-8
- Track – Open to all students, grades 6-8
A non-refundable fee is charged for each sport. Students MUST provide proof of a physical exam before practicing, playing or being issued a uniform. Physicals are required every other year.
Sports Related Activities and Information
- St. Mary Catholic Middle School Athletics Handbook (2015-16)
- Zephyrs Basketball Club (ZBC)
- The Big East Conference Scheduling Calendar (includes SMCMS activities)
Special Project–ZEPHYR FIELDS OF DREAMS
After the ground thawed in the spring of 2016, a flurry of activity began on the campus of St. Mary Catholic High School and Middle School! Among the exciting developments underway are a new softball field, the creation of a practice field and future construction of an equipment storage building with room for team gatherings. Read all about it here or click here to make an online donation!