Athletic co-curriculars are an integral part of our educational philosophy at St. Mary Catholic High School. Participation in athletics provides unique opportunities for students to enhance their mental, physical, social, spiritual and emotional development.
Registration is handled through each team’s coach, and the fee for each sport will be billed to the student’s account by the business office at the end of the season.
St. Mary Catholic High School is a member of the WIAA’s Big East Conference. Full sports calendar information (times/locations of practices and competitions) may be found on the SMCS page of the Big East website. Learn about the many useful features of that website, such as a customized calendar and automatic notification of changes in the schedule, on our SMCS main athletics page.
SMCHS Athletics Offerings
- Boys and Girls Cross Country – Varsity, Junior Varsity
- Football – Varsity, Junior Varsity
- Boys Soccer – Varsity*
- Girls Tennis – Varsity, Junior Varsity
- Girls Volleyball – Varsity, Junior Varsity, Freshman
- Boys Basketball – Varsity, Junior Varsity, Freshman
- Girls Basketball – Varsity, Junior Varsity, Freshman
- Boys Hockey – Varsity * ** (Fox Cities Stars)
- Girls Hockey – Varsity* ** (Fox Cities Stars)
- Wrestling **
- Power Lifting
- Baseball – Varsity, Junior Varsity
- Boys and Girls Golf – Varsity, Junior Varsity
- Girls Soccer – Varsity*
- Softball – Varsity, Junior Varsity
- Boys Tennis – Varsity, Junior Varsity
- Boys and Girls Track & Field – Varsity, Junior Varsity
* Although some teams are varsity, the teams are made up of freshmen through seniors.
** SMC athletes participate in this sport as members of a co-operative team.
Before athletes may practice, they must turn in a WIAA physical form (or alternate year form), athletic emergency contact form, a co-curricular permission form and a concussion education form. These forms needs to be turned into the athletic office and only need to be turned in once per year. Before athletes may participate, the must complete and turn in the following forms:
- WIAA Physical or WIAA Alternate Year
- A physical is required every two years (a “physical year” runs from April 1 through March 31) so the alternate year card can be used in the second year of a physical
- Athletic Emergency Contact
- Needs to be filled out every year with contact information for us to use in the event of an injury/emergency
- Co-Curricular Code Permission
- Needs to be filled out every year and it is an agreement with the SMCHS Co-Curricular Code of Conduct
- Concussion Education
Athletics trainer Kate Pickard of Advanced Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine works with Zephyrs athletes.
The co-curricular athletics and activities at all SMCS schools are supported by the SMCS Booster Club. Visit the booster club webpage to learn how you can help support our wide variety of athletic and club activities!
Sports apparel (not dress code compliant) is available online through the SMCS Booster Club. Only one order is placed for each sport; items can be ordered online in the weeks prior to the beginning of each sport’s season.
Training and Fitness Center
In the fall of 2017, state-of-the-art training and fitness center, located adjacent to the high school, was opened. This facility is an outstanding venue where Zephyrs teams and physical fitness classes can learn, develop their skills and build success.